AGL Rally SA – Rally of the Heartland
About the event:
Australia’s newest event for Classic Cars
We are delighted to announce that the Rally of the Heartland will return in 2019 – with naming rights sponsor, AGL Energy continuing to support us, and featuring multiple windfarm stages of up to 40km. These are exciting, challenging and very technical stages that provide un-paralleled competition, and are unique in Australia.
It will be a competitive event of over 450 kilometres based in the Hallett/Burra/Mount Bryan area, and one that is quite a bit “different” to what has gone before
It is planned for the 1st and 2nd June 2019, and the competition will run on the Saturday, Saturday night and Sunday, self-contained within the weekend to minimise time away from home
The Event will be open to Classic Rally Cars (C1-C4) and other Rally Cars accepted as being suitable for the Event by the Organisers. We offer categories that will cater for a broad range of competition opportunities, and want to make it as easy as possible to enter and process the requirements of scrutineering and documentation
- Naming rights sponsor is AGL Energy.
- Longest wind farm stage is almost 40km.
- Long night stage in full darkness, classics only.
- Easy liaisons.
- Service Park is in Burra at Paxton Square, also the preferred accommodation provider.
- Minimum time away from home, but over approximately 450 competitive kms in total.
- No local testing, no recce. This is a “blind” event. It is a road book only rally.
- RallySafe is mandatory for all cars
- Five MIVs will be in attendance, covering all stages accordingly
- Tyres are not mandated
- No parc fermé.
- Entries limited to 60 – a starting spot can be reserved by a payment of $200 inc tax, which would be deducted from the entry fee – see Art 2.2
There is a wide range of accommodation available in the region including Paxton Square cottages (step out of your room into your service area!), Paxton Square Caravan Park, Hotel accommodation in Burra as well as lots of wonderful guest houses in the area. There is also free camping available at the Burra Showgrounds. For further details, refer www.bookburra.com.au.
Remember that all our sponsors help to make this event possible, so please buy their products and use their services whenever you can. AGL Energy, Lightforce Performance Lighting, Shannons Insurance, Mitsubishi Motors Australia Ltd, Boileau Business Technology, and Fairfax Press all support us in many ways.
Goyder Council and Northern Areas Council, and the residents of the region provide valued support and enthusiasm, and we thank them sincerely
Many local organisations are also supporting us and allowing us into their community. If you intend to buy groceries, snacks, top up the tow car etc. please do so locally and let people you know you are with the rally.
Remember too that our event is also made possible through some 250+ volunteer officials. Give them a thank you and a smile and a wave whenever you encounter them
Note too, that we like to be unfailingly pleasant in all our interactions with everybody. It is a mantra for us, and I hope will be for all involved.